[mythtv-users] Silent HDTV Front End

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:47:15 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2005 17:19, Robert S. Kerr wrote:
> > Googling around on the web the other day I stumbled across this page
> > http://mythhd.info/ that describes a silent HDTV capable front end for
> > MythTV.
> >
> > It uses the COMMELL LV-660 Mini-ITX board with a VT1625 encoder (for
> > HDTV YPbPr output).  I was curious if anyone has used this
> > configuration, and how successful they've been with it.  Does it do a
> > good job, stable rendering, etc?
> >
> > All the other HDTV discussions I've seen involve insanely new CPUs that
> > require big fans and lots of noise.
> has anyone looked at the AOpen's i915GMm-HFS Motherboard?
> it has composite and dvi output and a socket for a pentium m.
> all the reviews seem to suggest that it is quiet
> i would buy one - but i cannot find a vendor
> regards
> --
> simon

I have also been reading about the Asus DigiMatrix PC.  It is a mobo,
VERY small footprint case and power supply for around $300 US.  Just
add a P4 Northwood and some PC 2700 RAM and a little know-how and you
are good to go.  There are forums and other pages out there that
support Linux on this little badboy.

It can do up to 1080i HD on component outputs.  There has also been a
LOT of work regarding it's front LED panel.