[mythtv-users] Known good surround sound cards?

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Tue Jul 5 06:14:50 EDT 2005

Patrick Vaughan wrote:

>> I googled around, and found a few older related posts, but what are
>> people using currently for surround sound?  Preferably with optical
>> digial output, but my receive
> has a coax digital input as well.

I'm currently using the onboard audio on an FIC AU13 (nForce2 chipset).
 Before
that, I used a Turtle Beach Riviera.  Both provide optical output, and mplayer
and xine will both pass AC3 and DTS audio through e
>ther of them as-is.

What about sound from TV-capture? Can this be routed to SP/DIFF out?

Cheers

MAfrius

Registered Linux user