[mythtv-users] Re: Glibc error when exiting recorded programs...

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 00:17:59 EDT 2005

On 4-Jul-05, at 11:39 PM, Nate Thompson wrote:
>> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0a84e8b8
> Just a quick bump to see if anyone else has experienced this... it
> seems to be happening more frequently now, and I don't have any idea
> where to start troubleshooting this issue.

I'm doing some debugging in another area (the ScheduledRecording class)
and I'm seeing all sorts of problems due to c++isms. Both leaks and
double deletes. Leaks won't cause the problem you're seeing but I
wonder if someone tries to do a second delete on a pointer when that
memory has already been allocated for something else.

If you're handy with gdb you can configure myth with
--compile-type=debug, build it and get a backtrace where it's aborting.
I've also found valgrind very handy with a debug build but it may slow
things down too much for viewing video.

- George