[mythtv-users] MythTV and DVD ISO files?

Daniel Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Mon Jul 4 13:24:54 EDT 2005

I do this by setting MythTV to use xine instead of mplayer (so I can use
menus) and specifying the xshm or xv video driver. You may also need to
tell it that an iso file is a recognized video format. It works OK, but
not great - there are sometimes picture quality and/or sound issues, but
since I'm constantly tweaking things it's hard to narrow down what the
problem(s) are. I'm still working on making it work better. Oh - it
doesn't support Closed Captioning either, but if you have subtitles you
can use those if you need to.

I haven't tried burning from MythTV yet.