[mythtv-users] Known good surround sound cards?

Patrick Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 20:52:22 EDT 2005

It's a Chaintech SKT600's onboard sound.  Another poster said that he's seen
onboard audio that uses the other stereo ports to support surround sound.  I
had thought that the "external codec" was probably dependant on Windows
drivers.  I downloaded the manual and it says "With external high quality
5.1-channel AC’97 Codec", "Complete software driver supports for Windows®
OS" and "Optional S/PDIF out function".  And that's ALL it says about it.

Either way, I've never liked onboard sound.  I've always noticed noise from
the bus (clicks or static when video, com ports, or hard drives are being
used).  Someone else suggested the TurtleBeach Riviera, and I think I'm
going to go with one of those.