[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD's

Matt Hannan matthannan1 at cox.net
Sat Jul 2 17:41:53 EDT 2005

Sure. The option is there ("Import DVD" from the "Optical Disc" menu),
but it does nothing when selected.
Also, in the Media Settings - DVD Settings, there is no longer the
option to tweak your DVD Rip settings (DVD Ripping?). Check out Media
Settings - Music Settings to see what I mean. There is an option to
tweak your audio rips.

Hope that helps.

I read awhile ago that the reason for this was that the packages that
actually do this stuff were "broken" so that you could not make backups
of your DVD's anymore.
I was just wondering if anyone had figured a way around this yet.

Thanks,
Matt