[mythtv-users] a few fuzzy channels

wmaccormack at comcast.net wmaccormack at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 12:15:17 EDT 2005

Almost there!!

I've got a WinTV-PVR350, using kernel 2.6.9 vanilla, Myth 0.18-1, ivtv-0.2.0-rc3j.  Everything is up and running on my dual screen setup.  Yay!  Here's the problem. . .

I've got a couple of fuzzy channels (ch 69 and 70).  Unfortunately those are channels I like and may want to record stuff on.  My cable is split coming into the house, I've got a signal booster, and then another split, out to TV and WinTV card (same type of cable).  When I watch those channels on regular TV the picture is clear, but when I watch them through myth, they're fuzzy.

I've tried using us-cable and us-cable-hrc(I think that's what it's called), no love.  I did a bit of google searching and saw that it may be caused by noise coming from other pci cards (sound) or my video card (NVidia GeForce FX5200 AGP).  I've now removed my sound card (don't need it) and placed the WinTV card as far as possible away from my video card.

The gods of google also mentioned that it may be a frequency issue within Myth, but I have absolutely no idea how to change those by hand.

Has anyone else had this type of problem, or know how to fix it?