[mythtv-users] Known good surround sound cards?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sat Jul 2 09:30:21 EDT 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 15:17, Patrick Vaughan wrote:
> I googled around, and found a few older related posts, but what are people
> using currently for surround sound?  Preferably with optical digial output,
> but my receiver has a coax digital input as well.

I use a Terratec Aureon PCI with optical spdif out. It works straight away in
Fedora Core 3 (used the gnome-alsamixer to set the optical output). It's a
cheap card (a little over $20) and so far I have seen not a single issue with
it.
http://sounden.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=222

Regards,
Marcel