[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Recommendations for Joysticks?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:52:32 EDT 2005

> looking at getting a joystick for running the games, I'd love to get
> something close to an arcade style joystick (big frogger and contra fan)
> and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations.

I have a "Super Joybox 5" USB adapter that supports up to 4
playstation controllers.
http://www.spotted-horse.com/product_info.php?products_id=36042

It works pretty much out of the box, and since I had extra PSX
controllers gathering dust, it was an easy decision.

With xmame, you need to enable the i386 joystick type in your build
and the options and then you need to select the analog or digital mode
that corresponds to what they game you're trying to play expects for
input.

The button order is different than what you'd expect from a
playstation controller. Button one is "triangle" at the top, with
2,3,4 going clockwise from there. Next buton is L3, and so on.

For real arcade feel, I've used X-Arcade before, and would definitely
recommend them - http://www.x-arcade.com/products.shtml

Don't know how much of WAF a giant arcade joystick on the floor of the
living room is going to get you though ;)

-Ross