[mythtv-users] OT: FedoraCore3 + NFS + XFS + Software Raid = EIP?

James Esslinger slinger at uberslinger.org
Fri Jul 1 10:50:42 EDT 2005

All the rpms you need for getting XFS running on CentOS 4.0 are located
in the centosplus repository.

http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/centos/4.0/centosplus/i386/RPMS/

* blammo.doh at gmail.com [2005.06.30 21:19]:
: On 6/30/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
: > On 7/1/05, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
: > > I know this isn't a kernel mailing list, however, given that this list
: > > has a large number of people who combine these features, I thought I'd
: > > give it a shot.
: > >
: > > I have a backend running (at the moment) 2.6.12.1 w/8k stacks. I've
: > > been fighting this issue however, since about 2.6.7. going from 4k
: > > stacks to 8k stacks helped, but didn't remove the problem.
: > >
: > > Occasionally, specific to heavy IO, I'll have the machine go into a
: > > state of limbo. It will either Hardlock (no keyboard activity) or go
: > > into Limbo. The times it doesn't hard lock, I've been able to track it
: > > back to NFS.
: > >
: > >  I've replaced motherboard, CPU, RAM, Video, ethernet, HD's, power
: > > supplies, and kernel versions, chased IRQ's, etc, so I'm fairly sure
: > > it's a bug.
: > >
: > > Anyone want to field a guess?
: >
: > Have you tried with any other distros, like CentOS or WBEL, which are
: > RH Enterprise based (may contain specific patches not in FC)?
: >
: > Assuming the disks are fsck'd without problem and your swap is not
: > corrupted, and this problem is reproducible on a *completely*
: > different system (non-Via), I'd def. take it to linux.kernel if you
: > haven't already with traces at the ready.
:
: WBEL / Centos based off RHEL4 don't have XFS support (and I haven't
: found any way to get it in), and those based off RHEL3 are on a 2.4
: kernel, which leaves me out-of-luck for DVB.
:
: The disks all test clean. I've low-leveled them all.
: mythtv-users mailing list
: mythtv-users at mythtv.org