[mythtv-users] Another commercial MythTV box

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 01:59:59 EDT 2005

 > Oh don't worry, i get it, and i am sympathetic to the cause. However I
> can't find a copy of the zap2it.com license.

Neither can I, but it's pretty clear from here:
that the data is not meant to be sold. Fair enough.

> Or are the commercial operators registering for zap2it then preloading
> the registrations into their boxes?

All you need to get zap2it data is the certificate code for MythTV
(which is printed in some of the documentation), a US zip code, and
the name of your cable co and plan. It's an easy system to abuse, if
that's what you want to do. I can't say that that's what they're doing
because I've never seen a commercial Myth box, but if I were a sleazy
bastard, that's what I'd do.