[mythtv-users] Ticker on CNBC looks like crap when viewing recordings

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:11:03 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Jeroen Brosens <jeroen at fotoniq.nl> wrote:
> Enable OpenGL vsync, bob deinterlacer and Xv or XvMC output. Gone is
> your jerkiness :) The vsync btw is very important, or else the image
> will start jittering up and down a pixel, which could give you even a
> bigger headache.
>
> --Jeroen

You were correct... I've always had jittery tickers on news channels.
I switched to Bob from linear blend, and it went away... HOWEVER, when
I enabled Xv I would get an occasional blip in the video and when I
enabled XvMC is was constantly blipping.  I have an AMD XP 3200+ and a
Geforce FX5500 (I think).  I also have OpenGL vsync on, but it appears
that I still get the "image jitter" you are refering to.  How can I
verify that OpenGL is setup and working correctly?  Also, how can I
verify that Xv and XvMC is correct?