[mythtv-users] nvidia GeForce FX5500 card with tv out

Jim elemint at theriver.com
Mon Jan 31 23:53:36 EST 2005

I am looking at purchasing the  eVGA nVIDIA GeForce FX5500 Video Card,
256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "256-A8-N313-LX card and
the chipset is  GeForce FX5500/270MHz  would this be a good card for to
use for the tv out function for mythtv?

Can basically any nvidia card with tv out work well for mythtv under
Debian or do some cards work better than others or is there better
driver support for certain cards?

I have looked on the mythv archives and seen a lot of talk about video
cards but I wanted to check on this one and on nvidia in general.

Jim