[mythtv-users] the mysql database have not all the tables in the mythTV

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jan 31 22:31:16 EST 2005

szj wrote:
>  MythTV is a greate project! Thanks for all the people contributing
> to it.I have just downloaded the mythtv from cvs and compiled
> succesefully. I use the mysql database. When I start the
> mythfrontend, it reports:
>
>  >2005-02-01 10:42:31.482 Upgrading to schema version 1014
>  >DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
>  >Query was:
>  >ALTER TABLE record CHANGE rank recpriority INT(10) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
>  >Driver error was [2/1054]:
>  >QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
>  >Database error was:
>  >Unknown column 'rank' in 'record'
>  If I start mythfilldatabase, it reports>
>
>  >DB Error (loading channel sources):
>  >Query was:
>  >SELECT sourceid,name,xmltvgrabber,userid,password,lineupid FROM
> videosource ORDER BY sourceid;
>  >Driver error was [2/1054]:
>  >QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
>  >Database error was:
>  >Unknown column 'password' in 'field list'
> So I grep all the sql files, there is no corresponding field in the sql.
> it doesn't create channel table, and lost some fields in relative tables
> as indicated
> above.

This can happen if the process was killed once during it's upgrade
or the schema upgrade got confused for some other reason. If it
was only up to 1014, I assume this is a new DB and you were running
the the program for the first time. In that case, you would do
best to drop and create the database again and run "setup". Make
sure it finishes all it's updates without interruption.

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

mysql> drop database mythconverg;
mysql> create database mythconverg;

$ your_src/setup/setup

If you use current CVS or can wait a week or so for 0.17, new
database creations start out at 1060 so it doesn't have to do
all the old updates anymore.

--  bjm