[mythtv-users] MythTV with SELinux (esp. MythWeb)

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Mon Jan 31 22:10:18 EST 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 11:11 am, Andy Whitworth wrote:
> I'm using FC3 with SELinux enabled except for the httpd
> server which I had to disable SELinux security for in order
> to get Mythweb talking to MySQL successfully.

I got around that by adding this:

/video(/.*)?                    system_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t

to the end of:

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts

Fixing that and commenting out the line for ntpdate were the only changes I
needed to make to allow SELinux to run on my system.  I was (and am) just
curious to see what others are doing.

-- Harry O.