[mythtv-users] RE: Newbie needs help choosing hardware for use inthe UK

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 22:18:31 EST 2005

Alex wrote:

> Hi again.  I just thought I should update you on my progress.
>  I wouldn't want somebody searching the list archives to make
> the same mistake as me ...

Depends, I went and did the same...

> So, I went and bought the Nova-Ts.  Its just a shame that
> they seem to be completely incompatible with my motherboard!

Bugger :-(  I bought a Nova-T from scan at the same'ish time and mine works
perfectly[1]....

> I don't have to worry about which driver I use.  They don't
> even appear when I do an lspci!  I've tried just about
> everything I can think of - different bios settings,
> different PCI slots, removing all other cards, trying one at
> a time etc.

<snip>

Curious, ideas are
1) Check slots are 'bus mastering'
2) Try a different version of linux[2]
3) Try the cards in a different machine.

HTH

Druid

[1] Eventually[3] ;-)
[2] I'm using SuSE 9.1 with a 2.6.11-rc2-bk3-20050125153357-default kernel,
 video4linux-20050124-173723 (for the Nova-T) and ivtv-0.3.2c (for the
PVR-350),
uptime only 1day 9hours but that's because I rebooted it to check everything
autoloaded ok.
[3] Note, mythtv CVS (20041224) crashes when you try to play a dvb channel
with
an audio but no video pid, dunno if this is a bug or user error...