[mythtv-users] problem with toolchain build for mediamvp

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Jan 30 16:42:40 EST 2005

On 29 Jan 2005 at 16:26, Rusty McEacharn wrote:

> avoid cross-compiling mvpmc if possible.  use the binary releases.
> your geek status will not be as high, but it is a lot easier.  the
> following is a section from my binary howto:

Okay, went ahead with the lastest binary release.

> The mvpmc software can also use the Myth protocol for recording
> playback rather than using NFS. If you would like to use the Myth
> protocol, the last line in dongle.bin.mvpmc.config would look like
> this.

Okay. I am using the mythtv protocol to playback. The mediamvp loads the new
software and connects to my mythbox, I go to recorded shows and select an
episode and click play, and all I get is a black screen, If I hit back/exit,
I get back to the menu.   Shortly thereafter the mvpmc screen saver kicks in.

> /bin/mvpmc -f /etc/helvR10.fnt -s 192.168.0.2 -o svideo -a 4:3 -m ntsc –r &

This is my config file

mkdir /myth
mkdir /myth/tv
mkdir /myth/music
/bin/mvpmc -f /etc/helvR10.fnt -s 192.168.73.14 -o svideo -a 4:3 -m ntsc -r
myth/ &

Another unrelated problem, the supplied remote control doesn't work. The
mediampv flashes as if receiving ir traffic, but doesn't actually do
anything. Using my Hauuppauge grey remote (the smaller older style) that came
with my PVR-250, it works fine.

Any ideas.

--
Harondel J. Sibble