[mythtv-users] URC-6131 & ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc not working

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 14:02:11 EST 2005

Now that I have done a re-install with Fedora Core 3
(pain in the butt with the exceptions that have to be
done!), I took a look at this.

It seems that the problem is really that MythTV/lirc
is bombing out on the file due to the fact that I
apparently uploaded it to my website in DOS format.
As soon as I ran dos2unix, on the file, everything was
fine.

I will fix the file at some point, I have some button
remappings that I want to do.

-- Joe

--- John <waligory at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay I took a look at the lircrc file a bit closer
> and I modified the
> lines in the above suggestion and tried loading it
> again.  Still no
> go.  Same error on same lines.  So then I decided to
> put a space
> between "#begin"  and "#end" for the first "POWER
> button" setting.
> Now this shouldn't make a difference since there are
> other lines
> further down that are commented out like this but my
> hope would be
> that the error would move to a different line.  Well
> it worked!
> Lircrc loaded without any errors and now the remote
> works (even with
> the lines as they are below).  Go figure.  Attached
> is my "working"
> lircrc file.  Still need to tweak buttons. :)
>
> John
>
> P.S. When I enter a channel number it doesn't change
> to that channel
> instead it displays info about it at the bottom of
> the screen.  Is
> this a setting somewhere in myth?  Again Thanks for
> all the help.

name=lircrc