[mythtv-users] OS X

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Sat Jan 29 18:47:26 EST 2005

Thanks for the prompt reply, Jeremiah.  I wish I had waited until I had asked my
questions before plunging off into thin air.  Turns out my MacMyth frontend DID
indeed corrupt my backend database!  How badly, I'm not sure.  I'm attempting
to fix things now.  So far, all that I've detected is that my video database no
longer links the movies with their respective .jpgs/descriptions/imdb info.

Next Questions:
1)  i've reinstalled Panther on my MacMyth frontend (it's a scratch disk until I
learn how to do this properly!).  that wiped out any potential trouble spots.
now, which Myth version do I want?  I only want to watch movies, so I only need
access to MythVideo.  So, I downloaded the CVS w/plugins version.  It won't
allow me past the initial setup screen because there is no backend.  best
approach?

2)  do I need to go through the installation instructions on MythOnMacOSX, and
then use the CVS w/plugins version?

forgive me for appearing dense!  (tis troo, nonetheless!)

-Bob K.