[mythtv-users] OT: Hardware question...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:51:20 EST 2005

Hi all,

this is slightly off-topic, but it concerns the MythBox i'm putting together. :)
i finally recieved all my hardware and have assembled it.  however, my
PVR-250 doesn't seat completely in the motherboard 'AND' anchor to the
case.  if i seat the card all the way then there is about 1/4 inch
between the case and where the card would screw into the case.

my question is: should i just leave the card held only by the PCI
riser?  or should i unscrew the motherboard and shim it so that the
PCI card can be fully seated AND screwed into the case?  my only
concern with the second option is that when the motherboard heats up
it could be damaged from being warped...

any suggestions?

by the way, the case is the Cooler Master Black MicroATX 5-Bay DeskTop
Case, Model "ATC-620C-BX1"
(http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-024&depa=1)
very sharp!
my motherboard is the ChainTech 7NIF2 (micro-ATX).
the motherboard seems to fit in the case just fine...

thanks,
andy