[mythtv-users] vonage caller id

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Sat Jan 29 13:47:54 EST 2005

Robert Rozman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>maybe this is slightly offtopic, but for those that have some more telephony
>needs around the house, there is quite interesting solution. Asterisk is
>open source PBX, that can be easily connected to outside scripts, that can
>then do mythnotifies (there are quite some scripts already done for
>Misterhouse program) - this setup is also useful for all other events - I
>wrote simple plugin for Misterhouse that will send notifies on more
>important events....
>
>But the real problem with mythnotify is that it won't display if you are not
>watching video or live TV. So you won't see all messages all the time.
>That's why I use mythtv in combination with Freevo, that does this easily...
>
>Regards,
>
>Rob.

Hey fellow Misterhouser, I see your name all the time on the misterhouse
list. I have been running it for years now. I have the same problem with
Mythnotify, it does not display while not watching tv. I have been
thinking about trying to write something in the frontend that will just
display a popup qt box that will do the same while in the menus.

- James