[mythtv-users] PVR-350 lost sound in upgrade

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jan 29 10:12:57 EST 2005

Hi,

I was close to getting a working system with the 2.6.9 kernel. Just X did
not work.

Aftre the upgrades of last week it would not work well anymore so I tried
to get things right with the latest kernel and all. After a clash with
some options in my modprobe.conf file I got it back to working and not
ivtv-fb is working as well. (Getting X on there is now an option.)

But in the process I have lost my sound. It is no longer recorded as part
of the stream. I can still get sound from the older recordings so the
playback itself works fine.

I noticed in my syslog these lines:
Jan 29 13:27:45 saruman kernel: ivtv: Encoder revision: 0x02040024
Jan 29 13:27:45 saruman kernel: ivtv: Encoder Firmware is buggy, use version 0x02040011
Jan 29 13:27:45 saruman kernel: ivtv: Decoder revision: 0x02020023

They mave something to do with the problem. The FC3 system is currently
up2date according to apt-get.

Any hints to solve the issue are much appriciated. (I could live without X
for a while but living without sounds in the recording is tough.)

Hugo.