[mythtv-users] Archiving and resotring NUV file

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jan 28 23:30:06 EST 2005

> I am looking for a method of archiving the NUV files onto DVD and later on restore them back to the MythTV system to review. I do not need to build video DVD.

nuvexport.  It has an nuv/sql export mode (which I assume still works --
I haven't had reason to test it in a long time).  It will export the nuv
(untouched), an sql file of the important mythtv data, and if I recall
correctly, a textfile with some human-readable info about the recording.

It will also optionally delete the recording from the mythtv database
for you, too.

-Chris