[mythtv-users] OT: SBC DSL -- pair gains - 19,903 ft.

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 17:26:58 EST 2005

> So has anyone had any luck getting  DSL under similar conditions?

I have a similar situation. I am about 800 feet past the limit. I have a
clear pair and a buddy who works for the phone company. He tested my pair
and was unable to get a good connection. His comment was that the adaptive
cancellation was running at the limit or something along those lines.
Anyways for me it would not work. Your milage may vary. I have cable here so
at least I have internet. Just costs way too much. :(

Another random thought. If you go with the wireless provider you may run
into issues with rain fade depending on the strength of your link. Gain
antennas are your friend.