[mythtv-users] New guide for controlling external cable/satellite box using an IR Blaster and FC3

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 17:01:18 EST 2005

> This has been a bit of a learning experiment for me, so any
> feedback (positive or otherwise) is welcome.

Just a suggestion for an alternative path. One easy distro-neutral way to do
IR control is to use a commercial IR blaster product such as the MyBlaster
serial. This serial device has a non-lirc driver and will control multiple
devices with one emitter. Search the archives or visit their site for more
info.

Bill