[mythtv-users] corrupted nuv?

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:12:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster :)

I have the pcHDTV 3000 card, and I have been able to successfully
record just fine with getatsc, dtvstream, and pchdtvr, despite being
relatively a noob.

I built MythTv from cvs on 1/23 without any issues, so I gleefully
went to work scheduling shows.

All of the shows I scheduled for Sunday night were recorded, but ....
they all appeared corrupted and oddly sized. I recorded Arrested
Development, and Desperate Housewives and the the first minute or so
is fine and on par with my other recordings, but after that everything
gets chunky and pixelated and the audio drops out. When I had recorded
these same programs the week before manually with dtvstream, Arrested
Development was around 3 gig and Desperate Housewives was around 5
gig, but the resulting nuvs from MythTv was only 1.3gb and 1.5gb
respectively.

I double checked to make sure that the recording hadn't been stopped
early with vlc and could see parts of scenes from then end of the
shows, so I know that the file size isn't due to an early stop.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can point me in a direction? I
searched the list but I can't seem to find anything particularly
helpfull.

My system specs:
MSI 865PE NEO2-FIS2R
1gb ram