[mythtv-users] Why use PVR 350 TV-out? (Was: X and PVR 350)

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Fri Jan 28 12:53:20 EST 2005

I also originally had lots of problems - and I mostly put it down to
problems with the ivtv drivers.  Now I'm working with the latest ckennedy
ivtv drivers (I cant remember the version number but its right up to 0.3.X
or something) and it turned out that my real problems were a faulty hard
drive (which was new) - now I have to return it under warrantly and maxtor
want me to run a windows test application on it which is a bit of a problem
because all my desktop type computers with ide connectors all run linux but
that’s another pain alltogether.....

Anyway now my PVR350 is working really well and the PIII 500Mhz computer
that is the Myth box doesn't even use 1% CPU time when playing back mpeg2
recordings so I think that the pvr350 can offer a real cost saving (if you
have an old pc lying around)- although I agree that the UI is a bit slow all
right.

Derek