[mythtv-users] no one on here uses dial up then?

Craig Partin cpartin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:12:09 EST 2005

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use dial up.  The only reason
mythtv needs an internet connection is to download the program
listings. This doesn't require a high speed connection as its only
text data.  You would have to do a little more work to get this going.
 Something like a cron job which dials up at a specified time and runs
mythfilldatabase should do the trick.