[mythtv-users] Re: Favorite Universal Remote? Buying Tips

Corey Haim gmaddr-usenet at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 07:42:43 EST 2005

Alexander Petkov wrote:

>Corey Haim wrote:============
>
> My one gripe is that although you can program a single key to
>turn off all devices, you cannot actually assign the macro to the POWER
>button.
>============
>
>That's not true. You can assign macros to the POWER button. You can assign that macro to a SHIFT-POWER if you want.
>
>hifi-remote.com/forums has good info on that.

I just checked that over on the forums and all. I see it repeated over
and over that the Power key cannot be assigned a macro. Shift Power does
work either.  I'd love to be proven wrong on this, as it is important to
me.

And just to be clear I am talking about the *unextended* remote here. It
seems you can do anything if you go the JP1 route which I will do;
however, I wanted the archive to reflect accurate info concerning this
device as it comes out of the box.

CH