[mythtv-users] problems with manual recording

Lance Spaulding lsjunk1 at cableone.net
Thu Jan 27 16:10:55 EST 2005

I'm running mythtv 0.16 (from the gentoo ebuild if that matters) and
using a Hauppauge 350 for the video capture. For the most part it works
great but I can't seem to get the manual recording part to work
correctly. I want to setup a manual recording from 4pm - 6pm twice a
week on a local channel which broadcasts college classes. I can't simply
record by show name as everything on the channel is named the same and
often 3 hour blocks are listed as an individual show even though they
are really multiple classes. Anyway, I'm having the following two problems:

1) I setup the manual recording to occur every week in the same timeslot
but it only ever shows up in the "upcoming recordings" once. It's like
the "record-every-week" feature doesn't work for manual recordings.

2) The shows I want to record come on from 4pm - 6pm. I also have Myth
setup to record any episode of Simpsons it finds. Simpsons comes on
every day at 5:30 so the two conflict. No matter what I try, it always
chooses to record Simpons instead of the manual recording. I've tried
increasing the priority of the manual recording as well as increasing
the priority of the channel itself. Neither helps.

Does anyone know how to get around either or both of these issues? If I
upgrade to the current CVS version, will either be fixed? Also, is there
a way to enable debug or otherwise find out why it chooses to record one
program over another?

Thanks in advance,
-Lance