[mythtv-users] MythLED Picture

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 19:40:39 EST 2005

A software version of the interface would be just sweet too.

Imagine a FF plugin that sits on the toolbar, which has imitation
LED's so I can see the status of my mythbox at work (without going to
mythweb obviously).

Would be cool :P  (not as cool as real LED's of course :P)

Dave

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:52:25 -0500, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 01/27/2005 05:24 PM, Asciimonster wrote:
>
> > David George wrote:
> >
> >> I thought about adding a thread to the backend to do this, but
> >> figured it would be better to have a separate processes that asks the
> >> backend for the info.  First by doing it this way we can have
> >> multiple LED boxes (one for each frontend).  Also I wanted to have
> >> the ability for the box to detect if the backend is ever unavailable.
> >

> > I have not a really clear picture about how the front- and backends
> > communicate, but if we use the TCP/IP connection the backend would
> > have the unavailability option already (asynchronous socket error),
>
> Yep, that is how it detects the backend going away.  If we can't connect
> to the backend we assume it is down.  Of course it could be running fine
> and we just don't have a net connection to it, but hey nobody's perfect :-)
>
> > plus it will solve most of the protocol questions. You could also
> > choose to run a secundary protocol on onother port.
>
> No real need to.  The backend has the information we need, so we can
> just query it.
>
> --
> David

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH