[mythtv-users] PVR-350 + ivtv-fb == messed up

Didde Brockman didde.brockman at starring.se
Thu Jan 27 14:42:52 EST 2005

Hey all! Ok, here's the scoop. I'm trying to use the TV-out on my
Hauppauge PVR-350 but I've hit a rock wall. MythTV and ivtv works like
a charm while using my GPU's VGA-out and I can also set MythTV to use
the cards TV-out (/dev/video16) but of course, only the actual picture
is shown on the TV while the OSD remains on the monitor.

Whenever I "modprobe ivtv-db" all seems fine in the logs. Basically
ivtv-fb reports that it's using /dev/fb1 for card #0. Now, the problem
is that this mangles the picture on the card's TV-out! Totally! Thin
white and green/red-ish horizontal lines cover the TV and they seem
static – nothing I do even produces a visual response. It's as if I'm
watching a DVD and hit pause (that'd be one ugly ass DVD though).

Also, I can't get the "modprobe saa7127 test_image=1" to even remotely
look good. Don't know if the two issues are connected, but I could
imagine so. Whenever saa7127 is loaded, the TV-out shows an awfully
scrambled image in various colors after first displaying a bright green
screen for half a second. Then when ivtv-fb loads, the image goes still
and looks like I described it earlier on.

Tried both ivtv-0.2.0-rc3e and ivtv-0.3.2c running FC3 (2.6.10 and
2.6.9) and have followed Jarod's how-to _twice_. Also tried X with and
without "ivtvdev_drv_o" to no avail.

I have checked the mailinglists and Google for similar experiences but
have only drawn blanks. What to do? Any input would be widely
appreciated.

Thanks!

Kindly,
Didde