[mythtv-users] MythWeb WAP interface broken

Andy Whitworth andywhit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:55:32 EST 2005

Hi,

After installing MythWeb and getting it working with a conventional browser
I thought I'd try accessing it with my phone WAP browser.  The channel
list and program guide pages work fine but the program detail page which
allows you to record a program doesn't work i.e. I can't schedule a recording.
Looking under the covers at the PHP code shows incompatibility between
the controlling program_detail.php module and the WAP specific
program_detail.php file.  For example, the WAP program_detail.php creates
a HTML form and specifies that the form should use the "get" method of
submitting the form details whereas the controlling program_detail.php
code which is then invoked looks for passed parameters using the
$_POST['....'] method.  Unsurprisingly the controlling invoked code can't
find the passed parameters and doesn't invoke its "schedule new recording"
code.

I've had a look in CVS and can't see any patches to rectify this.  Does
anyone have the WAP i/f fully operational or is WAP support/development
a dead duck these days ;-) ?   I'm willing to put in the legwork to get
it working and submit a patch if I'm correct in my understanding of it
being broken.

Cheers,

Andy.