[mythtv-users] Favorite Universal Remote? Buying Tips

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Jan 27 11:48:48 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 11:15:28AM -0500, Angel Li wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> >I use a One4All URC-8810 that I got for $20.  I trained it to mimic the
> >keyboard using its built-in learning feature.
> >
> >I've got info about it at http://changelog.complete.org/node/91
> >

> It's too bad you don't have access to a JP1 cable and a Windows machine.

Also, this remote has no JP1 connector, though apparently it does have
JP1 pins.

If I recall correctly, when I set the units on a dark surface without
too much light in the room, it went easier.  Maybe experiment with
distances between the keyboard and the remote, or maybe angles.

One other thing -- there appears to be a limit to the number of keys it
can learn from the keyboard, but it's enough for me.

-- John