[mythtv-users] Hack a Tivo or roll up my sleeves?

Julian cerebro70 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 11:37:08 EST 2005

Hi,

I set up MythTv using Jarod's HowTo.  I know I have to
compile X and the Gatos drivers for Tv out on my old
radeon 7200, but I know nothing of X and its
subsystems.  I am afraid that this is an iceberg and
it may be best to just hack a Tivo.  Could someone
please explain the ins and outs of compiling the nec.
"stuff" to get Tv out?  Or a better alternative?

Thanks,
Julian

My specs running myth-suite/WindowMaker desktop/FC3:
Pentium III 800Mhz
512MB SD Ram
80 GB Hardrive
ATI TV Wonder VE
ATI Radeon 7200 (with only monitor and svideo out and
32MB ram)
Soundblaster 5.1