[mythtv-users] MythLED Picture

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Jan 27 08:59:11 EST 2005

Here is the location for viewing the MythLED box we made.

http://www.thearmstrongs.org/images/mythled.jpg

It uses a standard serial interface to communicate with the monitoring
software. The software queries the mythbackend to get the status of the
tuners, free drive space, guide data, and voicemail. The MythLED box can
be located anywhere. We are running this one at work and it is showing
the status of David's Mythbackend at home. The prototype we made is
capable of showing the status of 5 tuners. It will automatically
determine how many are configured and show GREEN for Idle, RED for
Recording, and Off for No Tuner. The System led will flash Red if there
is something that needs attention like the hard drive space is low or
the guide data is out of date. The Message led will flash Blue if there
is a voicemail waiting. There are two Antenna leds that will turn Yellow
to indicate which antenna is selected. We did this because we needed to
switch between two antennas for HDTV programming. If the mythled
software looses communications with the backend it will flash all the
leds and also sound a piezo buzzer.

- James