[mythtv-users] Anybody gotten DVB-C to work in the Netherlands ?

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 27 03:20:14 EST 2005

belcampo wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've managed to get analog and satelite to work, but DVB-C not. The problem in
>the Netherlands is, I think, that when I wan't to do a channel search I would
>have to provide a network-number, which in my case, Casema, is 5555.
>When I do a search I see that Casema is found but it searches network 0500 and
>soon after that it hangs.
>
>Henk Schoneveld

What kind of DVB-C hardware do you use ?

I am trying to get TV-Home into my mythbox but can not find out what
hardware is suitable.
The old Siemens card I have lying around should be able but I could not
get it to work.
(tried with various windows and linux tools)
How do you tackle the smartcard problem?

Having asked Essent how to get digital access to their DVB-C network
resulted in: we don't know you have to contact a dealer... (duh)

Gert