[mythtv-users] Favorite Universal Remote? Buying Tips

Martin Brown Martin.Brown at macquarie.com
Wed Jan 26 22:48:08 EST 2005

I spent a bit more and got a you-beaut Universal Remote Controls "Osiris"
(MX-350). This has a programable LCD which is VERY useful for something like
MythTV. I bought mine from BlueDo in the States (www.bluedo.com) for about $US150.

I also set up an IR transmitter from the PC so I can generate some discrete
control codes (which the MX-350 learned) to simplify things like switching TV
inputs directly to MythTV.

I'm thinking of buying the RF extender as well since sometimes you have to point
the remote at the TV, sometimes at the digital set top box and sometimes at the
MythTV box.

Martin