[mythtv-users] How-to Moving History of Recordings to New Backend?

Tim t.tait at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 20:23:28 EST 2005

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>
>> How does one move the history of what has been recorded to a new
>> backend (not a slave)? I want to avoid re-recording episodes long
>> since viewed and deleted on the old backend.
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html#ss21.14
>
> --  bjm

I saw that, but it doesn't seem quite apropriate to the situation... I
mean that takes all the data - won't it overwrite some of my new
settings? I have both backends running in pararallel for a few weeks, I
don't want to change my setup on the new backend. Also, the new one is
running 0.16 and the old 0.15. I also noticed that nuvexport doesn't
munge the hostname on moved recordings, and that document does... not
sure which is correct, but it seemed like nuvexport was the beter choice.

Tim