[mythtv-users] MythPhone Crashing

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Wed Jan 26 17:59:21 EST 2005

> I'm trying to use MythPhone here without a webcam (does it work
> without it?), every time I start mythfrontend it crashes:
> SIP listening on IP Address 192.168.178.22:5060 NAT address 192.168.178.22
> SIP Registered to sipgate.de for 3600s
> SIP: Unknown method UNKNOWN-
>
> I've deactivated the firewall, so I think there's something wrong with
> my configuration.

Mythphone does not even touch the webcam until you enter the mythphone
plugin; so if it is crashing when you run mythfrontend something else is
wrong.

The "Unknown method" error looks like it could be the problem; can you send
me a copy of the ~/.mythtv/MythPhone/siplog.txt file?  This may not be
enough as buffering may prevent the information from getting written to disk
during the crash.  Ideally an ethereal trace would tell me what the "Unknown
message" is that you are receiving.