[mythtv-users] PVR-350 & X (not working)

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Tue Jan 25 23:05:18 EST 2005

Rob Greene <robgreene at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:26:58 -0800, Frutillar <frutillar at comcast.net> wrote:
>> 1)  I can only see part of my desktop on the TV.  There is a border all around
>> which is not being shown... like my desktop is bigger than the TV.  How can I
>> fix that?
>
> You get to run in windowed mode!!
>
> Go into MythTV => Utilities & Settings => Settings => Appearance
> Second page has GUI height, width, X offset, Y offset, as well as "Run
> the frontend in a window".  See
> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/HardWare_2fVideoCaptureCards_2fPvR350_2fHintsAndTips
> at the info site.

I'm having a similar problem running mythfrontend in fvwm.

That web page has two parts

  2.1: Utilities/Setup -> Settings -> Appearance
  2.2. Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback

Is the first for the GUI when you aren't watching video, and
the second for the overlay GUI when you are watching video?

Are there situations where only one would need adjusting?
I'm having overscan problems in both cases...

Dan

--
Dan Christensen
jdc at uwo.ca