[mythtv-users] Re: Continuation of quest - MPEG2->MPEG2 with DVB data

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Jan 25 22:54:12 EST 2005

Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo.com> wrote:

<<<SNIP>>>

> I suggest you guys have a read of this topic:

Can you *please* trim out stuff you aren't really replying to?

> http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=CrudeMPEG2cutForDVB

I've read about this, this is truly a crude hack, and will destroy the files,
really.  If you HAPPEN to cut at the I-frame it will work great.  Otherwise, it
will certainly crap it out.

> There are some who disbelieve it works, but there are
> others who claim it does.  I've not tried it myself,
> but probably will soon.  HDTV streams, like DVB, are MPEG2-TS.

I don't disbelieve that it works, I know it won't cleanly cut MPEG2 files.
Sorry :)

Have a good one.
Gavin