[mythtv-users] Master and Slave Backend Crashes

Dave Anderson dave at ineedasite.com
Tue Jan 25 22:11:43 EST 2005

I have two myth boxes setup. One is a master and the other a slave. I'm
experiencing periodic backend crashes but I don't see anything in the
mythbackend log about it. Is there somewhere else to look? A flag I have to
set?

Both boxes were setup using Jarod's howto. The first box is RH9 with a
pvr350. It is the master. It has been running for several months alone
without any problems. Then I added a second box as a slave. It is running
FC3 and a pvr250.

For the most part both have been running ok. But on occasion I find that
the master backend has stopped. Tonight I was recording a show at 7:00 on
the master. At 8:00 it was supposed to record one show on the master and
another on the slave. That's when the master stopped. I restarted the
master and the show for the master started to record but the slave
recording did not start.

I looked at the master's log and the last entry was switching from
recording to none. The only differences in the systems is RH9 and FC3 for
the OS and the ivtv driver versions are different. I'm using 0.1.9 for the
master and the pvr350 but the slave had a new pvr250 and required the
at-testing version of the ivtv driver. I think it is 2.0rc3. Could this
cause a problem?

Thanks,
Dave