[mythtv-users] PVR-350 (getting X on the Frame Buffer)

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Jan 25 15:44:16 EST 2005

Hi,

I am still strugling to get X output on the Frame Buffer to show on the
PVR-350 TV-out.

When I use kernel 2.6.9-1.724 I can run X11 on the VGA output and watch
the Live TV output or recorded programs on the TV via the scart
connector.

However if I try to load the framebuffer module it bites me with:

# modprobe ivtv-fb
FATAL: Error inserting ivtv_fb (/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.724_FC3/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv-fb.ko): Operation not permitted

In the syslog it tells me:
Jan 25 21:29:33 saruman kernel: ivtv-osd: ivtv_fb_card_id parameter is out of range (valid range: 0-0)

If I go about and try to find any detail on the "ivtv_fb_card_id"string I
get 8 hits with google.
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ivtv_fb_card_id&btnG=Search)

While part of links are patches and source files I could not figure out
how to set this option properly.

Anyone know if I get better results with the latest kernel
(2.6.10-1.741_FC3)?

Hugo.