[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase and non-configurable grabber

Peter Martens petermartens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:54:59 EST 2005

Hi,

Need some help (again). I am using an alternative grabber for the
Netherlands (tv_grab_nl_gert), which is great because it pulls full
data for one week in about 30 seconds! Problem however is that this
grabber has no config-file. This implies it grabs all data for all
channels. There are however a good amount of channels I don 't want,
simply because they are not broadcasted in the Netherlands... But
mythfilldatabase adds these channels no matter what to the database.
This means MythTV is sometimes recording on a channel that doesn 't
exists.
I can delete the channels from the database, but when mythfilldatabase
runs again... channels are add to the database! I can toggle them
invisible, but then MythTV will record from these channels. A little
annoying.
Someone has an idea? The idea I got is make a cron job that runs after
mythfilldatabase and removes the channels I don 't need. But that 's
the hard way, and I have no idea how to set this up!
Thanks for the advice in advance.

Peter