[mythtv-users] Re: Archiving TV shows to DVD

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Tue Jan 25 14:52:23 EST 2005

I've only found one solution, and I've been trying to burn a DVD from
a Myth recording for *months*.  Nothing ever works.  Even if it does
result in a DVD, the audio is *always* out of sync.  It's been a very
frustrating experience.  This past weekend, I finally made a DVD from
a recording, and here's how I did it:

1) Record on MythTV using my MPEG-2 hardware encoder card.
2) Transfer .nuv file to my iMac.
3) Rename to .mpg file.
4) Use MpegStreamClip to convert to DV format.
5) Cut out commercials using QuickTime Pro.
6) Use iDVD to layout cool menus, chapters, etc.
7) Burn.

I'm sure I lost a lot of you at step #2 ;).  But this is the only way
I have been able to get a DVD out of my Myth box.  Nuvexport and all
the hacked together scripts in Linux only produce output with audio
sync issues for me.

-Mike