[mythtv-users] lirc and fc3 newbie help

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:39:44 EST 2005

Gregg,

Have you tried using irrecord?  This is used to create the
/etc/lircd.conf file (Jarod provides three different versions for the
various hauppage remotes).  When I did my initial install, irw wasn't
returning anything because my lircd didn't match my remote.  This
should at least tell you that the remote is being recognized.  If so,
you can create your own lircd.conf file, put it in /etc and then retry
using irw.

Paul

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:20:29 -0800, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay.  I made the change, but /usr/bin/irw  still will not work.  I
> can record using irrecord.  It is a hauppauge grey with a black bottom
> remote.  Using a PVR 250  on 2.6.10-1.737_FC3.
> Is it an lircd thing or an FC3 thing?????  Do I have to create a
> symbolic link to lirc??
>
> Just shooting in the dark.  Any help is appriciated.
>

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:52:36 +0100, Per Weisteen <per at weisteen.net> wrote:
> > Gregg wrote:
> > > Oakay I set up mythtv  using Jarods guide for  fc3 everything but lirc
> > > works.  It shows the card connected,  but when I try to test it using
> > > /usr/bin/irw I don ot see any input received. this is the second
> > > system I have set up the other ran on fc2, so I know the card works.
> > > I installed the lircd file. Am I missing something.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >

> > I had the same problem. irw just died on me. Had to change
> > /etc/udev/rules.d/lirc.rules from
> > KERNEL="lirc[0-9]*",    NAME="lirc/%n"
> > KERNEL="lirc0",         SYMLINK="lirc"

> > KERNEL="lirc0",         NAME="lirc"
> >
> > --
> > Per W.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius