[mythtv-users] Re: Help: getting lirc working under FC3withaHauppauge Nova-t DVB card

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 12:40:12 EST 2005

Nick wrote:

> > > <snip>

> there got the
> >
> > I tried using the (working) pvr-350's IR receiver/lirc
> setup to set up
> > the nova-t remote, irrecord failed to find a gap[1] and bombed out.
> >
> > Rather a pity as the nova-t remote has lots more buttons on
> than the
> > pvr-350's and I would have thought that two remotes from the same
> > manufacturer would at least
> > share the same codes but there's obviously something
> strange going on.
>
> Have you seen/tried the info in this
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/105786)
> thread about using /dev/input?

I've not but I've *got* a working IR setup, it's just it wont
read the nova-t remote.

> I'm sure that all Hauupauge remotes use the same RC5 control
> set (the remotes I got with the 350 and the Nova-T [conexant]
> are the same models
> ...) but perhaps different codes.
>
> When you modprobe the DVB cards drives, do you get any LIRC output?

I've not tried using the nova-t's IR sensor.

This is possibly not really for this list (its more a lirc problem) but
nevermind.

The problem is that the pcr-350's remote works *perfectly*, is all set
up with lirc, works with mythtv everything, I've even got irexec setup
reboot the frontend (and restart the backend if it's down).

The nova-t (909) however came with a slightly bigger remote with lots
more buttons,
a load of which are *perfect* for mythtv so I thought that using the
nova-t
remote would just be as easy as using irrecord to record the buttons and
replace the pvr-350's lircrc file with the new nova-t one.

Except it doesn't work and I don't know why. :-(

Thanks

David