[mythtv-users] MythTV and MS-6215 (Chrontel CH-7007A, Intel 82801BA)

Travis Osterman tosterman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:37:01 EST 2005

> Paul(or anyone),
>
> Did you ever find whether the on-board video/TV-out of your MS-6215
> (Chrontel CH-7007A video encoder, Intel 82801BA graphics,
> Intel 815 chipset), worked ok with MythTv ?

I have the i865G chipset on my myth box with the Chrontel chip
described above.  My board has vga, RCA, s-video, and dvi options for
video out.  In linux, I have only been able to get the vga (obviously)
and RCA output to work.  The cavet with the RCA out is that the vga
connector can't be plugged in at boot (or after) if you want the TV
out.

I have been unable to verfiy whether the dvi plug works the same way
as the RCA (no way to test), but the s-video seems to be worthless in
linux.

It should be noted that the optical out works nicely if that is
included in your chipset.

-- Travis