[mythtv-users] Re: scheduled mythfilldatabase errors. manual mythfilldatabase runs fine (tv_grab_au)

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 05:16:26 EST 2005

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the reply mate.  Can I ask how I could possibly update the
path for the non-interactive root login?  I am a linux noob and paths
are definately one of the areas that I don't yet understand.

For me, tv_grab_au is in...
[root at myth Default]# which tv_grab_au
/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_au

...and my path for the interactive root user is...
[root at myth Default]# echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/u
sr/X11R6/bin:/usr/lib/jre/bin:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_06/bin:/root/bin
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks,
Dave

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:10:29 +0000, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> In message <5df8077005012403595bc3e29 at mail.gmail.com>
>         David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmmm...I chased this up with the xmltv dudes and they told me I need
> > to get back in touch with Myth as it appears to their problem.  So
> > here I am again...
> >
> > I looked in the logs and have found the following...
> > 2005-01-05 21:14:02 mythbackend: Running mythfilldatabase
> > 2005-01-05 21:14:02 Running mythfilldatabase
> > 2005-01-05 21:14:02 mythfilldatabase: Listings Download Started
> > ----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
> > nice: tv_grab_au: No such file or directory
>
> This is a rather major clue to your problem... When mythfilldatabase
> tries to start tv_grab_au it doesn't find it.
>
> > which makes me think that the file is not in the path.  This is what
> > has confused me becuase when I run mythfilldatabase from a terminal it
> > works fine, but when I run it from a cron.d job or as a daily task
> > within myth, it errors out.
>
> Presumably the path your interactive login is using is different from
> that which cron/myth are using. Where have you put tv_grab_au? On my
> machine the tv_grab_xxx scripts are in /usr/bin.
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
> http://www.compton.nu/